A little help makes a big difference!
"Not all of us can do great things. But we can all do small things with great love" ~Mother Teresa
How you can help...
If you would like to help by volunteering, we are in need of the following:
- Drivers to help with transportation to the vet clinic.
- Provide transportation to the spay/neuter clinic.
- Delivering cages and carriers to our current projects.
- Pick up and delivering cats that need to be fixed.
- Drive now and then in our new program which gives rides to and from the vet, for people who may otherwise not be able to take their cat to a doctor.
- Foster Homes for kittens too young to be adopted yet. Housing cats after spaying for a short recovery time. Storing cats until they can be taken to be spayed
- Barn Homes – We are hoping to relocate many cats from unsafe environments. All will be spayed/neutered and have shots. If you need a barn cat please call us
- Trappers to help catch feral cats we will take to be spayed or neutered
- Helpers –
- Help with phone calls.
- Circulate information, brochures, posters…
- Spread the word about Dumpster Cats — put up flyers, hand out brochures, mail cards, give lectures! Tell people about the real importance of spaying/neutering their pet. Let them know that there are discount programs available if they think they can’t afford the surgery. And if you know someone looking for a cat, send them to us!
Adopting a pet into your home is the most efficient way to give a homeless animal a better life. Having a pet enriches your life in indescribable ways! Animals know the true meaning of unconditional love; treat them well, and they will be your friend for life.
Spaying or Neutering:
If you already have a pet, get them fixed if they aren’t already. Your animal will live a longer, healthier life once it is fixed. Most importantly though, fixing your pet will keep unwanted puppies and kittens from being born into a world where a good home is not guaranteed.
To find out more or to volunteer in any way, please contact Gail at (302) 834-2859 or fill out the online volunteer form!